Thursday, February 3, 2011

the first post
















Hello. My name is Megan, and I am an "otaku" (オタク) (the Japanese word for nerd).
I love japanese media, like anime, manga, jrock music, and video games.
I like to think I am not obsessed, but I tend to scare people with my nerdiness. The average person doesn't enjoy dressing up as a character and walking the streets. But I love doing it!

Even though I live in "no-man's-land", we do have a couple of anime conventions (three to be exact). I cannot wait until the next local convention; Anime Oasis!!! It's coming up this May (two days after I graduate)! It will be my first four day convention, and I want to cosplay for it! For those of you who don't know what cosplay is, I will give you a quick definition-

Cosplay is a word created in Japan, it's mushing the words "costume" and "play" together.
So it means putting on (or making) a costume, and having fun wearing it!!

Most people would be ashamed to say that they cosplay, especially if they say it on a blog that your English teacher told you to make for school. But I know I am geeky, so that's OK, I am comfortable with my geekiness.

The question is: who am I going to cosplay as?

I have a couple of people I would want to cosplay as but I can't decide

first person I want to cosplay as is named Dead Master, from the OVA "Black Rock Shooter"
her costume isn't revealing and I wouldn't have to buy a wig (I don't have any cosplay wigs) the only problem is that she has very complicated horns on her head and skeletal hands


The second person I want to cosplay as is named Luka Megurine, I would have to buy a pink wig to cosplay as her here is what this costume should look like



I am so excited for Anime Oasis, and I am excited to continue this blog

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megan This is totally AWESOME!!!!!
    I love the Monster Person!!!! and the costume that you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete